:) Bingo! I'll just have to make my own. Since I already planned to turn this small armoire into storage for a little princess (the doors are covered in wood scroll work hearts) I just needed to figure out how to give it a girly touch! The girly hearts were just begging for some ribbons and bows.....so here you go!
A vintage sheet later and the drawers are now fully functional again! I also used the sheet (and some Mod Podge) to cover the faces of the inside drawers. I'm so glad I found this sheet at the bottom of a box of linens I got at an estate auction for $5. It's the perfect color for any little girl's room and would look so sweet with a blue ball jar full of flowers on top!
To finish this little armoire/dresser it was given a coat of all surface primer, then white MyColor latex paint, distressed, then touched up with Annie Sloan Pure White paint and topped with clear Annie Sloan wax. I tried to save time by using an all surface primer to cut out the sanding step.....NOT a good idea. You bumped the piece and paint chipped off. So, after the whole thing was painted I sanded the areas I wanted to distress and if to much flaked off I used Annie Sloan paint to touch up and tried again. After sealing it with wax the surface is protected BUT according to the MyColor paint I shouldn't really have needed a protectant top coat. Sigh, you live and you learn. Either way, I LOVE how it turned out and if my daughter's room didn't really need a longer shorter dresser I would probably keep it! I would NEVER, NEVER have thought that at the beginning of this project. Eww, just take a look!
(BIG, BROWN, & GAUDY)
(BRIGHT, WHITE, & FEMININE)
|a very faint teal blue painted inside the doors to coordinate with the fabric|
Thank you vintage sheet stash for single-handedly saving this project! I will now call on you whenever I am in a drawer pull crisis. ;)