Today I bring you a simple tutorial to turn any ribbon trim into a headband. In honor of the upcoming new year I chose lots of sparkly festive trims prefect for making a party ready headband.
My 3.5 year old
I'm partial to the teal/blue/gold ribbon myself!
What you'll need:
- ribbon trim (approximately 1/2 yard per headband)
- skinny ponytail that matches your hair color
- sewing pin
- sewing machine or needle and thread
- coordinating thread
Ready to see how easy this is?
1. Measure and cut ribbon length. The best way to do this is to wrap the ribbon from behind (and slightly below) one ear, over your head to the same spot below your other ear. Tack on 1 inch extra to allow for folding the ribbon around the ponytail.
2. Fold the ribbon over one side of the ponytail. First tuck in the end of the ribbon to finish the edge, then fold over ponytail and pin.
2. Stitch across to secure.
3. Knot ponytail at the center to help keep ribbon in place.
4. Repeat step 2 with the other end of the ribbon.
Do you have any plans for this New Year's Eve? What will you wear? Any chance you'll be adding this little project to your to-do list?
Six Sisters' Stuff